ESG investing has been growing in popularity over the last number of years. However, there still tend to be a number of misconceptions about this trend.
To break down what ESG investing is all about, we invited Jeff Chan, CI Global Asset Management's Director of ESG, to join us on this latest episode of the Wealth Wisdom Podcast. Jeff was incredibly thoughtful in his explanations related to ESG, touching on a number of topics, including...
- The impacts of ESG investing
- Difference between ethical and ESG investing
- How CI works with other companies to improve their ESG
- What exactly are these assets?
- What are their ESG concerns?
- Have investors missed out on Bitcoin and Ethereum's growth?
- What are the new CI Bitcoin and Ethereum Funds all about?
- How much exposure should investors have?
On the latest episode of the Wealth Wisdom podcast, we divert away from finance and focus on something we all need: a good night's sleep.
Even though you might think you're sleeping properly, often, that's not the case. I talk about my personal experience with that in this conversation with Dr. Glenn Landry, sleep expert from Elite Sleep.
Back in the pre-COVID days (remember those?) we hosted packed to capacity "Sleepy Dinners" with Glenn as the speaker. We always received rave reviews on these thanks to Glenn's innate ability to communicate information about the importance of sleep to his audience. Some of you can attest to this 🙂
This podcast is a taster of what our Sleepy Dinners are about and what Glenn does for his clients. We hope you find some valuable takeaways from this conversation. I certainly felt that way by responding with "Wow!" every time Glenn answered a question.
Although never the sexiest topic, the federal budget is something that affects all Canadians.
I was joined by Cheryl Norton, CI Assante Private Client's Regional Vice-President of Wealth Planning and Bryan Hubbell, Manning Elliott's tax specialist, to break down the most interesting and impactful announcements from the federal budget.
Here are some of the highlights from the episode.
- Notable "no-shows" in the budget, and why that's a good thing (2:30)
- Tax changes for business owners (5:00)
- A win for clean energy businesses (8:30)
- Is the spotlight on your business (14:30)
- Personal tax percolations: OAS, disability tax credit (16:00)
- Vacancy & Luxury Taxes (22:00)
I'm often asked by clients, "what's driving the real estate market right now?"
Those questions have only escalated during a hectic 2021 in the Lower Mainland real estate market. To answer some of those questions, we welcome Vancouver real estate expert Steve Saretsky to the Wealth Wisdom Podcast.
Here are some highlights from the episode.
- Who's to blame for the recent surge? (1:00)
- Is the work from home real estate driver overblown? (5:30)
- Should people be buying in this market? (9:00)
- Why emotions are driving certain market trends (16:00)
- Steve brings out his crystal ball (19:00)
Signature Global Asset Management Senior Vice President and Global Strategist Drummond Brodeur makes his return to the podcast. He talks about his most recent article titled "Break on Through to the Other Side," in which he talks about the market outlook for 2021 and the decade ahead.
Here are some key points from the episode.
- Effects of the U.S. Presidential and Georgia Senate elections on the market (1:45)
- The big driver of the "break through" to the other side (8:00)
- "Japanification" and the imaginary fight against inflation (15:45)
- Modern Portfolio Theory: RIP (23:00)
- Why it's time to call John (26:00)
- Cautioning against the short-term bias (30:00)
- Market outlook and potential risks (33:00)
If you have any questions, comments, or topics you'd like to hear about in the future, reach out to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
On the latest episode of the Wealth Wisdom Podcast, I'm joined by my business partner Josh Dyck, to talk about the evolution of Family Offices, and what our practice offers today.
You can learn more about their offerings by visiting sanafamilyoffice.com
Disclaimer: Insurance products and services are provided by Assante Estate and Insurance Services Inc.
How will the economy, and your investments, be affected following the conclusion of the U.S. Election? John Lawson talks about that and more during his third-quarter investment review.
Here's a rundown of the episode.
- Market Review (0:00)
- Market Speculation: Tesla and Apple (5:30)
- Recession or Depression? (8:10)
- U.S. Election: What Happens Next? (9:30)
- Our Asset Allocation (11:30)
Community Foundations have always been an integral part of neighbourhoods across Canada. Their importance was only escalated in the wake of COVID-19.
So, what was the SurreyCares Community Foundation up to following the pandemic? We chat with SurreyCares Executive Director Christine Buttkus to learn more about their COVID response, what exactly Community Foundations do, and different ways that you can get involved with your community foundation.