April 27, 2021
Although never the sexiest topic, the federal budget is something that affects all Canadians.
I was joined by Cheryl Norton, CI Assante Private Client's Regional Vice-President of Wealth Planning and Bryan Hubbell, Manning Elliott's tax specialist, to break down the most interesting and impactful announcements from the federal budget.
Here are some of the highlights from the episode.
- Notable "no-shows" in the budget, and why that's a good thing (2:30)
- Tax changes for business owners (5:00)
- A win for clean energy businesses (8:30)
- Is the spotlight on your business (14:30)
- Personal tax percolations: OAS, disability tax credit (16:00)
- Vacancy & Luxury Taxes (22:00)
April 9, 2021
I'm often asked by clients, "what's driving the real estate market right now?"
Those questions have only escalated during a hectic 2021 in the Lower Mainland real estate market. To answer some of those questions, we welcome Vancouver real estate expert Steve Saretsky to the Wealth Wisdom Podcast.
Here are some highlights from the episode.
- Who's to blame for the recent surge? (1:00)
- Is the work from home real estate driver overblown? (5:30)
- Should people be buying in this market? (9:00)
- Why emotions are driving certain market trends (16:00)
- Steve brings out his crystal ball (19:00)
March 16, 2021
Signature Global Asset Management Senior Vice President and Global Strategist Drummond Brodeur makes his return to the podcast. He talks about his most recent article titled "Break on Through to the Other Side," in which he talks about the market outlook for 2021 and the decade ahead.
Here are some key points from the episode.
- Effects of the U.S. Presidential and Georgia Senate elections on the market (1:45)
- The big driver of the "break through" to the other side (8:00)
- "Japanification" and the imaginary fight against inflation (15:45)
- Modern Portfolio Theory: RIP (23:00)
- Why it's time to call John (26:00)
- Cautioning against the short-term bias (30:00)
- Market outlook and potential risks (33:00)
If you have any questions, comments, or topics you'd like to hear about in the future, reach out to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
February 19, 2021
On the latest episode of the Wealth Wisdom Podcast, I'm joined by my business partner Josh Dyck, to talk about the evolution of Family Offices, and what our practice offers today.
You can learn more about their offerings by visiting sanafamilyoffice.com
Disclaimer: Insurance products and services are provided by Assante Estate and Insurance Services Inc.
November 12, 2020
How will the economy, and your investments, be affected following the conclusion of the U.S. Election? John Lawson talks about that and more during his third-quarter investment review.
Here's a rundown of the episode.
- Market Review (0:00)
- Market Speculation: Tesla and Apple (5:30)
- Recession or Depression? (8:10)
- U.S. Election: What Happens Next? (9:30)
- Our Asset Allocation (11:30)
November 10, 2020
Community Foundations have always been an integral part of neighbourhoods across Canada. Their importance was only escalated in the wake of COVID-19.
So, what was the SurreyCares Community Foundation up to following the pandemic? We chat with SurreyCares Executive Director Christine Buttkus to learn more about their COVID response, what exactly Community Foundations do, and different ways that you can get involved with your community foundation.
September 30, 2020
Paul Nazareth (Senior VP of Education & Development, Canadian Association of Gift Planners) talks to host John Lawson (Senior Wealth Advisor, Assante Wealth Management) about the power of philanthropic giving, avenues for doing so, and some of the mistakes that business owners make when it comes to making charitable donations.
September 8, 2020
Drummond Brodeur (Senior Vice President & Global Strategist, Signature Asset Management), joins host John Lawson (Senior Wealth Advisor, Assante Capital Management Ltd.) the inaugural edition of The Wealth Wisdom Podcast to give his insight on why he thinks we're "bungee jumping into a recession."
Any questions or comments based on the discussion? Email us at email@example.com
July 30, 2020
Thanks for checking out our 2020 second-quarter investment review. Here's a rundown of the episode.
- Equity and fixed income market review (0:15)
- The best equity market sector (4:00)
- Bear market perspective (4:45)
- Where does the US market stand going into the 2020s? (5:45)
- The future of fixed income (7:00)
- Our investment allocation (8:00)